Thursday, September 6, 2007

Upset Special: Week 2


As hard as it was to find an upset special last week, it was just as easy to find one this week. Due to a hectic schedule I will keep this short but there is one game out there that is screaming for me to pick. It is of course the Oregon game in Ann Arbor, MI. Granted, in the school's history the Ducks have never scored a point in the Big House but that is certain to change. It is likely that the first team to punt will be the losing team. I am taking the chance that it will be the Wolverines that jog their punter out first. Oregon is an 8.5 point underdog, which means the game easily qualifies as an upset special. It will be exciting to see how the Ducks do halfway across the country. I witnessed their beat down against Oklahoma a few years ago and hope this will be different. Look for the Ducks to send Lloyd Carr into retirement and Wolverine fans over the edge.

Last week's upset special was a disaster. Tennessee played about 3 quarters of football (I am being generous there) and was no match for California. That brings my season record to 0-1. It is still early and I am hoping I can bounce back just as I hope the Saints do the same.

(Photo from Don Ryan/AP Photo.)

No comments: