Monday, August 13, 2007

The Limb Does Not Break

I went out on a limb last week and predicted that Tiger Woods would win his 13th major at the 2007 PGA Championship. Nobody else thought he had a chance but I stuck my neck out there and it paid off. There is nothing sweeter in sports than picking the underdog and watching him prevail. Tiger had very few people rooting for him on the course yesterday but he was able to battle through it. I commend Tiger on his amazing performance and making me look like a genius with my daring prediction.

As for the other guys I picked to do well? I guess it depends on your definition of 'well'. Camilo Villegas finished in a tie for 23rd at +5 and Jeff Quinney was a mile from making the cut. As I define 'well' those guys did not perform up to the standard. It doesn't matter though as I feel great after seeing my darkhorse hold up the Wanamaker Trophy.

(Photo from Charlie Riedel/AP.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joel,

You are so daring. What will you do for your next trick? Will you tight rope walk across the grand canyon? Base jump off the Empire State building? Pick Notre Dame to win more than 4 games this season?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Jason