Friday, January 18, 2008

D1 Players Were Good In High School

Living in the great state of Oregon I am privy to many broadcasts of UO sports via the Oregon Sports Network. Now, this is not a national network so I am usually more entertained by what the announcers say than what is actually being shown. This does not mean I don't like the Ducks, it's just that the quality of announcing is something else. Last night OSN broadcast the Ducks pathetic loss to the Washington Huskies. The analyst behind the mic was none other than Rob Kloss, a former Duck if I'm not mistaken. Now I'm sure he is a great guy and is successful in whatever line of work he is in but as an analyst he is pure comedy. I did not hear any legendary lines last night but he did have a line that is worthy of a mention.

When Kloss was talking about Venoy Overton, a freshman guard for the Huskies, he so eloquently analyzed, "He was a great high school player in high school." Well, thanks for that tidbit, I'll be sure to remember that next time I see him playing really well.

No comments: